Hello! Properly sterilizing your intra oral scanner is an important step in preventing clinical contamination.
After treatment, clean and disinfect all other surfaces of the handpiece except for the front of the scanner (optical window) as well as the end (air vent hole). Make sure the device is switched off before cleaning and disinfecting. Use the device only after it is completely dry.
Recommended disinfection solution:
– Denatured alcohol (eg. ethyl alcohol or ethanol) – typically 60-70% Alc/Vol.
The general cleaning and disinfecting procedure are as follows:
– Switch off the device using the power button.
– Unplug all cables from the power hub.
– Attach the handpiece cover to the front of the scanner.
– Apply the disinfection solution to a soft lint-free, non-abrasive cloth.
– Wipe the scanner surface with a cloth which has been dampened with disinfectant.
– Remove liquid with a clean, lint-free, dry, non-abrasive cloth.
DO NOT use disinfectants other than Isopropyl Alcohol(IPA), Ethanol or Ethyl alcohol to clean the mirror in the scanner tip or the surface of the scanner body. Chemical cracks may appear if improper disinfectants are used for cleaning.
To read more on how to clean your Medit i500 properly, click here!